Welfare Reform Act 2012
On the 8th March 2012, the Welfare Reform Act 2012 received Royal Assent. The Act legislates for the biggest change to the welfare system for over 60 years.
It introduces a wide range of reforms that will make the benefits and tax credits systems fairer and simpler.
Key changes include:
- Introduction of Universal Credit
- Replace Disability Living Allowance with Personal Independence Payment
- Cap on total household benefits
- Changes to Housing Benefit
- Changes to discretionary social fund payments
For more information on the changes to come please visit https://sites.google.com/site/wiltshiremoney/welfare-reform or view their DVD below:
Please click on the video to play